Bookings on Facebook
- 1 How to add SimplyBook.me widget to your Facebook fan page
- 2 How to remove Facebook widget from my Facebook page?
- 3 Facebook widget is not visible from mobiles
- 4 I cannot change the email when book from Facebook
- 5 How to add SimplyBook.me to your Facebook fan page as call-to-action button
- 6 How to use Facebook Chat bot
How to add SimplyBook.me widget to your Facebook fan page
- 1.You can add SimplyBook.me functionality to Facebook fan page (only to fan page, it can't be connected to your personal page) in Settings//Bookings on Webpage or Facebook//Facebook booking widget//Save settings and connect facebook page// choose the page to attach Simplybook to.
- 2. After you connected SimplyBook.me to Facebook fan page, it is listed in the left-side menu of the page under the photo of your company.
You can press Settings//Edit page and make SimplyBook.me more visible for clients by dragging and dropping to it higher in the list.
- 3. You may need to change the title "Simplybook.me appointments" to something else. For this, on your Facebook fan page go to Settings (upper bar)//Edit page//SimplyBook.me appointments//Settings//Edit settings//Custom tab name.
How to remove Facebook widget from my Facebook page?
On your Facebook fan page go to Settings (upper bar)//Edit page//SimplyBook.me appointments//Settings//press "Off" near Simplybook app to remove this tab and save settings.
Facebook widget is not visible from mobiles
- Unfortunately, Facebook does not show third-party apps from mobiles. Your clients need to access desktop version to book from Facebook.
I cannot change the email when book from Facebook
- When you use Facebook widget, the system perceives a customer as Facebook user and uses his/her data to fill in the details. Thus, by default it uses email under which Facebook is registered. Unfortunately, it is not in our competency to change this, you can try contacting Facebook support to clarify this issue.
- 1. Go to your Page’s cover photo and click + Add a Button.
- 2. Choose your call-to-action, and enter the URL for your booking site.
- 3. Click "Add button" and you will get the button "Book Now" as a result so that your clients will be able to click on it, go to booking page and book your services.
How to use Facebook Chat bot
Please note! Faceboot bot provides only basic functionality, so for example payments, client login, memberships, approve bookings, etc are not working there.
- 1. Enable "Facebook Bot" Custom feature on your Custom Features page
- 2. Choose "Settings" near it to see basic instructions.
- 3. Log into the Facebook Developer Console.
- 4. Click on My Apps in the upper right-hand corner and choose to "Add a New App"
- 5. Enter a name and contact email address and click on "Create App ID".
- 6. On the next page, click the "Set Up" button for the Messenger option.
- 7. Under the Token Generation section, choose one of your Facebook pages.
- 8. This will generate a Page Access Token. Enter it in Simplybook.me Facebook bot settings.
- 9. Click the Setup Webhooks button under the Webhooks section and enter Callback URL and Verify token.
- 10. Check the messages and messaging_postbacks options under Subscription Fields.
- 11. Click the Verify and Save button.
- 12. Scroll to “App Review for Messenger” block, select the first option “pages_messaging” and add the details as on the following image.
- 14. And you are done! In 5 business days Facebook will approve your application and your clients will be able to book using the chat bot.
Here you can see how approved requestt will look like