Tips for specific businesses
Simplybook is a perfect online booking system for quest and escape rooms of various types. It allows clients to choose the room and book specific time when the game will take place. Clients can leave feedback on the company booking page after the follow up email. In order to use Simplybook.me efficiently we recommend the following setup:
- 1. Create service as game with corresponding duration in Manage // Services // "+". Use Manage // Services // Time details to edit service duration.
- 2. Make providers as rooms. In Manage // Service Providers // "+" to add new service provider - create the number of providers equal to the rooms you have.
- 3. Make sure that each provider can serve 1 client at a time.
- 4. You can also set specific availability for that room by clicking on "Customize time settings for this provider" on "Service provider schedule" tab in Manage // Service Providers.
- 5. Rename the word "Employee" on the booking page to "Room" or "Game" in Settings // Custom wording & translations.
- 6. If each room has different price and you plan to accept payments online with our Accept Payments custom feature, create more services in Manage // Services // Add service, set price for those services and relate with rooms by checking correponding boxes in "Service providers" tab.
- 7. If morning game prices are different from evening/weekend game prices - add Morning games and Evening/Weekend games services in Manage // Services, and set corresponding price for each service. Then in Manage // Service Providers create 2 providers for each game and set available hours for providers in "Service provider schedule" tab.
- 8. Connect providers to corresponding services
- 9. On the booking page clients will choose morning/weekend hours, select game - and then will see available slots.
- 10. If you have fixed schedule, you may need Appointment at fixed time custom feature where you can set specific start times for each of your services.
- 11. With the help of Intake Forms custom feature you can request additional info from clients such as how many clients will be in a group.
If you are offering renting services, Simplybook can become a suitable booking software for you.
- If you rent items for hours
- Make your items as providers. For example if you rent musical instruments, create providers Flute, Bass, Violin, etc.
- If you rent for different duration you will need to create multiple services with different duration. For example: Renting 1 hour, Renting 2 hours, Renting 6 hours, etc.
- If you rent items for days
1. In Settings // Main configuration st both "Allow service to extend over breaktime" and "Allow service to extend over closing hours" to "Yes".
2. In Manage // Services // "+" create service with the duration corresponding to the amount of days your service will be offered for (3 days=3 hours, 7 days=7 hours).
3. In the Settings // Company opening hours (when you have only 1 service) or in the working hours of the service (Manage // Services // Service schedule) open only 1 hour each day.
4. The system will then book the number of hours indicated in service duration as the number of days.
See extended tutorial about classes online scheduling here
And video tutorial how to sell membership related classes
- 1. Close all company opening hours in Settings // Company opening hours - put the switchers near weekday names to "off" position.
- 2. Create events you need in Manage // Services // "+". See detailed tutorial about events here.
If your services will cross midnight, after you set up your availability make sure to set "Allow service to extend over closing hours" to "Yes" in Settings//Main configuration.
If you have several clinics/salons/gyms/etc you can use Locations Custom Feature and make each clinic or salon a location. You can assign providers who work on that location and while booking your services, clients will first choose location and then service and provider.
For those companies that are restricted to amount of rooms or items we recommend to check Limit Bookings Custom Feature.
This Custom Feature allows you to restrict booking quantity which can be booked at the same time. This Custom Feature is useful when your services require additional things like dental chair or room in the studio etc. When the booking limit is reached the corresponding time interval will look like breaktime on the booking page (and in the admin interface if you haven't set to skip these restrictions for admin). It is possible to limit booking number at the same time generally, and also you can set certain limit for each service separately.
Or as another option you can use Related Resources custom feature as it allows to connect equipment, rooms or anything else that is limited in quantity to a service. Different resources can be connected to the same service when needed. You can create all the necessary equipment, define the number of items required for each appointment per service/class and the resources will be automatically attached during the booking process.